View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 09:22 AM   #29
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm going to be the weird woman here, but I LIKE reading reviews about ARCs, I have no problem with reviews, I'm able to read comments and see if it's a real comment or a fan thing. I don't go to goodreads for the curated edition about books that I would get in a newspaper, I go to see what people think about a book, and I don't expect the same accuracy in ratings that I would expect in a physic work.
I like reading reviews of ARCs, too. That's the whole reason authors and publishers send the ARCs to bloggers, professional reviewers, fans, etc. They want them to put up reviews so people get excited about the book before it comes out.

Publishers Weekly publishes reviews months ahead of time. For example, this week's issue includes March 2024 books. This is done so that booksellers, librarians, etc. have an idea of which books they might want to order for upcoming months. But of course, most people don't have access to that magazine. And PW doesn't review everything.

I like having reviews available before the books come out so I can decide which books look more interesting to me. But there's a difference between a review from a legitimate book blogger and someone named I. M. Sneaky who one-stars books and says nothing.

Authors and publishers like having the reviews out there.

Amazon/Goodreads should be able to tell the difference between legit reviews and flagrant abuse. But maybe that would take more money from Ebeneezer Amazon.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote