View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 04:57 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Elipsa 2E doesn't lack on epub. It's like all the other Kobos, which are best for epub & calibre, but like Sage also has pen notes, advanced notes and on book (epub or PDF) drawn pen annotation. I just find the Elipsa too heavy for reading or proofing novels or a lot of writing.
Sage/Elipsa also have ability for folders for notes. Kobo has the best integration with calibre (metadata, text annotation/highlight/bookmark export by two methods, reading status, reading position, collections, series).

PDF itself is terrible. I only use it to mark layout/format errors. All content proofing is on epub. Of course you may have 3rd party PDFs.

The reMarkable (either version) is only a sketch pad and PDF reader. Zero metadata. Slower pen capture (pen capture and screen update are not always the same thing) and accuracy, no text conversion on board, so last FW I used added touch keyboard. Also only 6G vs 32 G storage and only one document at a time via web browser (USB Networking or WiFi only). No epub (it's converted to PDF!).

Sage vs either Elipsa:
8″ vs 10.3″, but more actual pixels! Pen sold separately.
Otherwise everything is the same. Almost all the Kobos are the same for epub.

I sometimes add just a number in epub using text keypad and then an advanced notebook of the same name if I want a huge amount of writing converted to text, otherwise I type.
I also might write new material from scratch. I always export to docx before exiting a notebook or a swipe down to jump back to epub.

All the Kobos let you see the annotations and calibre can export per book or all depending on using Kobo Utilities or Annotations tools.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote