View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 07:07 PM   #14
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Well the thread OP has a JB PW5, so pointing out JB required is superfluous.
Not for other random readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
But posting an MD or SHA or whatever hash for the firmwares you have would be a service.
I only downloaded the files from Amazon's regular page over the years:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...MQC26VQQMM8XSW
It never had an MD or SHA or whatever hash?
All I can offer is the file as originally downloaded with possibly the date last modified (I think Linux ext4 preserves a creation date, but file browser doesn't show it). I've variously used Windows & Linux servers and workstations.
update_kindle_5.6.1.bin for PW3 is Nov 2014
update_kindle_5.4.4.2.bin for PW1 is Nov 2014
update_kindle_5.6.1.1.bin for PW1 is Aug 2015
update_kindle_paperwhite_v2_5.6.1.bin for Pw2 is Nov 2014

I might have first got a PW1 in 2013? I did get the DXG maybe after PW2 or PW3 when it was on special offer.
I bought the last PW3 just after the PW4 came out as it was still available and I thought the PW4 I was shown was poorer than my wife's PW3, but I had a Kobo already.

I was given the K3 by the PW4 owner so the FW download date for it was the much later April 2019
Update_kindle_3.4.1_3.4.2_B008.bin
Certainly i'd have renamed some files when accepting download.
Only download for the DXG (B009) I see is the current one on Amazon, but it was August 2016. Likely not long after it was bought, though I might have bought it in April 2014. Sold cheap as obsolete stock by Amazon. Their University program for DX/DXG was a failure.

Last edited by Quoth; 12-10-2023 at 07:12 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote