View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 11:07 PM   #12
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Let me see what I can do.
I don't have an account at any of the reader sites, like goodreads, storygraph etc, so can't point you to any of those. And I don't really want to write reviews for all these books, when there are so many existing reviews out there already.
I provided the Wikipedia links for the 5/5 for a synopsis of the story.
I can provide links for the 4/5 books. Just give me a few days and I'll slowly edit the links into the post.

When I rate, ...
Thank you. I appreciate the synopsis of your rating system. Don't worry about finding links. If you don't have reviews ready and don't want to write them, that's perfectly fine.

For others, like I said to Uncle Robin, I don't mind doing the work to find things - I'd just like to know if there is something to find before I go on a wild goose chase. Just saying "I've got reviews of these on Goodreads or in the What are we reading thread" would be sufficient if they do exist. And, if you don't have an already written review somewhere and don't want to write one, that's fair. It's still fun to read through people's lists.

Essentially, I'm not thrilled with Goodreads / Amazon / etc generic reviews and getting a short review from a person I've seen here and (possibly) interacted with is more meaningful than a long one from somebody I've never interacted with. (I trust you folks more than the "average Amazon reviewer".) Many of us have participated in one or more of the book clubs or have commented on the same books, so we have somewhat of a feel for what others here appreciate and why. That's the type of feedback I'd love to see here although I know not everyone can or wants to do that.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote