View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 04:58 PM   #4
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I've been so satisfied and successful with my challenges this year that I think I'm essentially going to carry them forward with only one major change: swapping out Mitteleuropa for pre-20th century America. Excluding the major wars, although if one sneaks in that's ok.

Minor tweaks: I took an axe to my Goodreads WtR list today and removed 20 titles; I'll come up with a number for further reduction or perhaps do a total purge at next year's end. It's now down to 32 and they don't reflect much of anything; false starts, a friend's recommendation, something else random. One of my pet puzzlements are people who have thousands, sometimes over 10,000, WtR books. What's the point? So I'm hoisting my minimal WtR pennant. The books I axed are still on my TBR; I just don't see myself getting to them soon.

I've never done one before but I may do a buying challenge, as in, not buying anything that isn't going to be read in the very short term. Even if it's wishlist, it can wait for the next sale.

Still refining; talking to myself here.
I have a list of exactly 25 books that I want to read next year. I had a list of 24 this year and I read 20 of them. Mind you, I will have read more than 100 total by year end, but still not all from that original list of 24.

I have a spreadsheet of all paper and electronic material in the house and every 6 months so I go through it and flag things as priority. That's my go-to "short list" when I don't know what I want to read. So my list of 25 this year is everything I have marked priority in the last year that I didn't get to.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote