View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 02:17 PM   #52
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
The problem with tech is that they try to simplify things by glossing over them.

There are two forms of Type C headphone adapters:
  • A bunch of wires that leverages the audio DAC and amplifier already built into the device
  • An audio DAC and amplifier that only presumes that this is all USB data
Considering that internet offers for the more expensive adapters run under $10, you should definitely experiment.

My Poke5 does not have analog output.
So I would need a DAC/amplifier type adapter.
I have Beats Studio Pro which have built in DAC (and work with Fire tablets with USB-C). Have not tried using an adapter yet, but I think I tried that with my PB Era and some other headphones, to no avail.

And of course I wish Kindles would work with wired audio too (other than 7th generation ones).

Last edited by tomsem; 12-04-2023 at 02:25 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote