View Single Post
Old 12-01-2023, 03:33 PM   #8763
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I don't. That was supposition on my part, but given how it fits it almost had to be. Looking deeper, this post at Reddit seems to indicate it was intentionally done as a novella between the two novels. I'm likely wrong.
It always looks better, in hindsight, to claim a salvage operation as being intentionally planned. Very likely scenario could be that one chapter got cut a long time ago and Jim Butcher didn't like it. It had the potential to be not only a short story, but a novella. Nobody knows yet if Cinder Spires is going to be three books or nine. If it is only three, then a short story anthology is unlikely. To play it safe, it is now a free standing novella, published as a teaser to increase interest in the second novel. Just my thoughts, I could be as wrong about it as you.

Actual real content spoiler:
Spoiler:
I am glad Warriorborn has a new type of creature showing up. Mistsharks we knew we were going to see more of, but dragons? Unless they are one and the same, like a small and gigantic version. The dragon, while somewhat big wasn't big enough to swallow a ship whole, so mistsharks must be something else. Unless, swallowing a ship is mere exaggeration.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote