View Single Post
Old 11-27-2023, 03:15 PM   #31
AudioPhool
AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Sage (My wife a: Paperwhite Signature)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You can't use a Qi device easily in your hand while it's charging, but you can use a cable. It also wastes space and electricity.

I agreed a clock on a page was a personal preference, but if no-one had it it wouldn't reduce reading enjoyment and most people have a phone or watch.
Having had Qi devices for years, we've never needed to use any of our devices while they were charging! Our Qi stands are vertical and angled at approx. 60-degrees. Simply placing the device in the stand -- not fumbling with a cord and needing to see where to plug & insert it -- encourages frequent and consistent charging. That helps with keeping the devices charged, with no need to use them while charging because we forgot, or failed to keep them charged.

When home, the device has to be placed somewhere. The sort of vertical cradle we use, takes up less space than laying the device down in a horizontal plane. The angled vertical position of the stand and the placing of the device on it, is convenient and easier than plugging it in. Also, the consistent plugging/unplugging addresses the MTB (Mean-Time-Between) failure of the device’s internal female connector. However, that issue is device design dependent. But why add component stress when it is unnecessary to do so?

We have a gaggle of wall warts and different cables. For our lack of ever needing to use a device while it was charging (because we allowed it to discharge), but in the unique instance that we needed to do so, grabbing a cable & wall wart would be simple & quick to do.

As far as wasting electricity is concerned, it appears that wireless charging is less efficient that a direct connection. If energy is used, it is used; whether that use is a “waste”, is defined by the user who is choosing to use and pay for it. Personally, and over my many decades, energy use, like breathing and eating et al., is a natural and necessary process. Other than the DC energy used to charge hand-held devices, I have far too many other issues to fret over, like what wax to use after washing the dog, or deciding what music to play, or book to read.
AudioPhool is offline   Reply With Quote