View Single Post
Old 11-27-2023, 11:29 AM   #26
AudioPhool
AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Sage (My wife a: Paperwhite Signature)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The clock & battery is only a tap away. Obviously some people like a clock on the page, but I don't know anyone here that wants it. At least 14 in the wider family have ereaders. Mix of Kobo, Kindle and one Sony T2.

Qi charging is pointless if you need to read while charging. It wastes energy, creates some interference and the charger still needs a cable and PSU (wall wart). It takes up more space when travelling. It's a marketing gimmick.
Personal preferences are...well...personal.

While reading on her new Paperwhite, my wife asked about a clock on her reading screen. The option to have the time displayed was buried in the Kindle’s settings, but we found it. By the same token, I looked for the time option on the Sage and came up wanting. Having the time displayed or not isn't a deal breaker, but for some, nice to have, as the Nickel Clock add-on proves.

Regarding Qi charging, is it a "marketing gimmick"? For us and our experience with Qi devices, hardly! Having an eReader is as much a marketing gimmick as are any options associated with it. Is an eReader needed? Of course not. Someone created a product and then marketed it and others joined in. Ain't free-market capitalism grand!?!

Are eReaders handy to own? Most all reading this forum would agree that they are. But then there are others who would consider eReaders as nothing more than marketing gimmicks -- "you like 'to-may-to', I like 'to-mah-to'".

Choices are choices and junk to one, is treasure to another. I’m just happy to have the freedoms and wherewithal to be able to make as many choices as I do. As the freedom to choose diminishes, stress increases and the more unpleasant, distressing and deplorable life becomes. Give me freedom, or give me a good book…
AudioPhool is offline   Reply With Quote