View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 11:56 AM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I can't take the Goodreads Choice awards seriously or care about the outcomes. Even more so than most popularity contests of its stripe.
Yeah, I saw a video a while back called Are the Goodreads Choice awards worthwhile? Several different book-centric YouTubers made a project of reading award winners from the past ten years. The guy I watched said it was not a very good list of books and the others doing the project had similar experiences.

He then compared the top Goodreads horror novels of the last ten years to the Stoker award winners of the last ten years.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 11-16-2023 at 01:08 PM.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote