View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 11:38 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I can't take the Goodreads Choice awards seriously or care about the outcomes. Even more so than most popularity contests of its stripe. I remember one year when one of the biography choices in the final round was a book from the year before, as I knew because I'd read it the year before! I reported it but the poll was almost over before they finally removed it.

My guess is that poetry was removed because not enough interest and the kidlit topics removed because of agendas.
I wrote to the person that started the suggestion/petition that:
1) The Elephant in the room is the way Goodreads does everything.
2) The ability to vote even if logged in seems "broken"

I'm of the opinion it's pointless, but I sympathise with the promotion of reading to young people. I'm not convinced Goodreads is now much use for young or older. I used to use it a lot and now never use it. It doesn't even seem good for series order any longer, maybe that's why that's often wrong on the parent Amazon page?

I was told today, not for first time, to use Booktok.

I think I'd need laughing lessons?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote