View Single Post
Old 11-15-2023, 01:01 AM   #1
A_Rina
A_Rina began at the beginning.

Device: none
The design of the book is breaking!

First of all, I would like to say that I am not a native English speaker, so there may be mistakes. But I hope you will understand my problem and help me solve it)

I made an e-book for myself through an InDesign and saved it in Epub format marked "recomposable layout". When opened in Calibre, ebook and ReadEra, the design absolutely breaks! When saving the file to InDesign, I put the cover in jpeg format. When opened in applications, the jpeg cover remains, but then the cover + content also goes, but disassembled into parts! (see attached photo 1-2). In addition, the book background and footers are separated from the text!(3 photos). In addition, it is important that the footnotes in the text still work when repairing the file.

However, if I save a file marked "fixed layout", then the design looks fine. BUT footnotes in the text do not work (see files 4-5) I do not know what to do...Design is an important component for me, but footnotes are also very important. I would like everything to look whole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmViGfnpCjw.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	204710   Click image for larger version

Name:	a5QlqWqNSXQ.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	204711   Click image for larger version

Name:	yjzlYVUBOAs.jpg
Views:	79