View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 02:37 PM   #1469
Lief
Enthusiast
Lief began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I thought I'd make this post to make it clear what's wrong with this tool because for years it has been really useful but it has always had quite important flaws for me that I think can be managed.

1. Editing metadata. The fact that the author is set as KCC and that it is not possible to configure it differently is extremely annoying. I understand wanting to "leave a mark" but from an open source app you expect a little more freedom.

2. Landscape mode. Most official manga release will give you a file where you can read 2 pages in landscape (really confortable to read on a PC screen for example). The best thing about this is that you can, in portrait mode read double pages as single pages, but you can switch to landscape to see them both side by side. KCC always force the single pages view with panel (I never liked that mode).

Problem is for a long time I was only aware of KCC (this app) or Kindle Comic Converter (that can only create manga for 1280x800 resolution) or Kindle Create (that can only create kpf files).

I suggest you try to integrate what this open source app can do:
https://wing-kai.github.io/epub-manga-creator/

I was able to discover it yesterday and I decided to uninstall both KCC and Kindle Comic Creator (I'm trying to transfer a lot of manga from my kobo library to the new kindle web cloud since they now accept 200mb files and the new Kindle PC app drm it is now removable... I like the Kindle android and PC app to read manga... I only found a good alternative in Cover for epub on PC).

You should undestand that panels is not great for manga and for big screen, and that only the official apps (Kindle and Kobo) and Cover on pc are great to read fixed layout epub/amazon formats (but Kobo does not accept epub from external sources), so KCC right now it's only good if you are reading on really small screen or if you are reading a regular comic with regular square.
Of course many people will still use it since it is easy to use and most people don't know about the alternatives like the one I posted... But it should be possible to implement an alternative mode for landscape and allow people to change the metadata.
Lief is offline   Reply With Quote