View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 02:42 AM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
What's a good way to store quotes from the books you read?

When I read, I'm always at the hunt for lovely bits to highlight and quote. The problem for me is that I find no way to save it in a platform-agnostic way. I know there is Zotero, but it and its competitors are focused at helping researchers, who have entirely different needs than I do. It also doesn't help my search that "quote manager" and "quote management" are specific sales concepts so it's hard to find software.

The best solution I've found so far is sharing a highlight on Apple Notes, as it includes some of the metadata of the book. As someone who uses more than one device to read and who's never had two e-readers of the same brand to date, it's hardly scalable though. As I was thinking about this I've seen that there's a tool called Readwise, but is there any other tool or strategy that you use for this?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote