View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 04:31 PM   #14
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikxi View Post
If anyone reads this. DO NOT buy the Meebook.
Got it on Thursday last week.
Today is Monday and it just died on me.

Also, overall, the Meebook is not great at all imo.
Very unintuitive with some of its settings.
Originally a Chinese device, so in German it was horrible to use and in English some things still didn't make sense.
The onboard bookstore doesn't work at all.
Transferring files via USB (with usb debugging on in dev settings) works like half the time. (i just ended up using nearby share and my phone).

Overall it was a meh to fine experience with my first ebook.
I'm just gonna buy an onyx boox next month. Those should be more reliable, right? RIGHT?
Personally I think that using Android e-readers with their original software makes little sense and you will be disappointed with any brand you try. The interesting thing about Android is to find and install the apps that allow you to get what you want. For example, if you want to use Tachiyomi you will have to install their Android app. And this is the case with all kinds of applications: reading programmes, dictionaries, translators, book organisers, file organisers, synchronisation tools... If you are not convinced by the end result offered by the variety of apps available (not just the original software), then you will have to look for an alternative to an Android e-reader.

(I'm sure @Quoth will tell you how to install Tachiyomi on the Kobo Sage ).
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote