View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 06:02 PM   #15
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
Btw, on the loading KFX plugin in Linux, I tried to convert a book that on Windows took 18 seconds to complete.

The KFX output plugin in Linux fails after 2 minutes and 23 seconds. Why it took so long to fail? If it couldn't find the Kindle previewer, which would have been fair enough, I would have expected a much earlier crash, isn't it?
The conversion log in the next post shows that the Kindle Previewer failed unexpectedly. When that happens the plugin retries five times before the failure is reported, so each attempt took around twenty seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
I can see that it can find the correct kindle previewer instance, and it is able to launch it, only to receive many errors due to the fact that the previewer is not able to open a window, and I know that this is expected (though I've never seen a windows opening on my Windows desktop)...

How can I tweak it into using Kindle Previewer CLI instead?
The plugin is invoking the Previewer via the CLI. I do not know what is causing the attempts to open a window. It is clearly not running very well under Wine on your system.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote