View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 03:27 PM   #12
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I suggest you try using the official binary Linux build of calibre and see if it works with that.
Yay. That works! So funny. I was not using flatpacks or anything, but yes I was using the rpm in Fedora repository (which btw installs calibre 6.28.1).
When I removed it, as you know it left my library and settings there, so when I re-installed calibre from the "official" version via:

Code:
sudo -v && wget --no-check-certificate -nv -O- https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.sh | sudo sh /dev/stdin
and launched via command line, I found all previously installed plugins.
Went aehad installing KFX output and... it worked!

But I didn't stop playing, I wanted to see if it was only the installer script, so I uninstalled via calibre-uninstall and reinstalled from Fedora repository: nothing: all plugins there, but if I checked KFX output, it was not listed as installed...

I removed the Fedora installed calibre, re-run "official" installation and upon launching, the KFX output plugin is there, shining bright.

I'm very puzzled: it seems to be setting there the whole time, but only showing with the official calibre.

I don't know if it is because "official calibre", to quote Kovid in download page, "calibre has a binary install that includes private versions of all its dependencies", or because newer version is actually 6.29.0 (so newer than Fedora repository).
I would expect the rpm file would bring the "private versions" if they are bundled by the calibre installer, but who knows...

I am waiting to see if rpm version works once Fedora gets a new round of updates for calibre.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote