View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 07:00 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
With a Kobo, you don't need the collections plugin. Calibre sends both the collections and series info to your Kobo automatically. Collections can be based on tags or any other custom column you want, the column must be specified in the Kobo driver settings.

Mobi support on a Kobo is pretty awful, better to convert your mobis to epub or kepub.

You can't see the length of books by default. But you can add the page count to the calibre comments section and this information will be included in the book details on your Kobo. You can presumably also use a subtitle field for page count (I haven't tried that myself).

Lastly, the Kobo Libra 2 is a bit slower than the Kindle Oasis 3 (but still a lot faster than the Keyboard), but its screen is better - sharper and more contrasty. The frontlight is also very good, at least on mine.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote