View Single Post
Old 10-24-2023, 01:47 AM   #35
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
It's probably the flush layer. I have an Onyx Boox Nova 3 and noticed my eyes getting tired when reading for extended periods, and looking closer the text was slightly blurry. The screen on the Nova 3 is noticeably less sharp than on the Kindle PW3, which lacks a glass layer.

Comparing just Carta 1200 screens: Leaf 2 > Libra 2 > Palma > Hisense A9.

The first two have a recessed screen. My theory is that it's either the front light tech or the water proofing coating that makes Libra 2 ever so slightly less sharp than the Leaf 2. The Palma uses a glass layer with micro etching. The Hisense A9 has a matte screen protector on top of its glass layer. So every layer seems to decrease sharpness and contrast somewhat.

All of these are good enough for me to read on, though. But I wouldn't want to go back to a Carta 1000 screen. Or to something on the same level as that.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote