View Single Post
Old 10-19-2023, 11:55 AM   #44
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
...My desktop LCD is only as comfortable as paper or eink because: it's not portable, there is no daylight, room lighting and screen brightness (8%) and contrast carefully adjusted, it's got no colour or brightness shift as you move your head (more advanced than IPS), and decent DPI (4K on 23″). I'd not read a novel on any of my phones or tablets, but I could on my desktop screen, except the chair is optimised for typing, not reclining with a book; I'd rarely sit long in an ordinary office chair or dining table chair to read.
Without turning up the brightness on LCD screens I have trouble reading from them. The contrast isn't high enough for me with low brightness. (Probably an issue with my eyes.) It's the same with eReaders, I have to have the brightness up fairly high or I squint. ("Warm" light helps here.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote