View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 05:02 PM   #1
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
10' e-ink readers? Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa 2E...

I'm planing to add 10'er into my family of readers. Note taking abilities are tertiary concern, speed and refresh rates as well. All I want is as good screen as possible. Also a few quality of life features would be appreciated. Custom fonts, and ability to turn off page numbers or percentage while reading.

So far I've mainly looked at Scribe vs Elipsa. I've an older Kindle, and know that custom fonts tend to be a problem. I need to embed them into the .mobi formats, or do a hack that replaces all the default ones. That was my main reasons for moving from them when I bought 8' reader. I do love Kindle's dictionaries and no-nonsense library, on other hand. I wonder if things have changed in font's area since then. I also like that it has higher resolution screen compared to Elipsa. Then again I'd prefer smaller resolution, if contrast was better.

Anyway, I'd appreciate opinions and suggestions on other readers in this category as well.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote