View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 04:15 PM   #26
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can find a number of Kindles and no Kobos. That means that Kobo owners take better care of their Kobo then a Kindle owner as Kobo owners care more about their Reader then Kindle owners. ]

This may mean that Kindle are throwaway items where Kobos are not.
Probably a conclusion not justified by the data, even if true.

I think it's simply the sheer dominance of Amazon. Kindle ebooks are about 90% of the world English language sales. They are by orders of magnitude bigger than anyone else selling eink ereaders (Apple don't sell an ereader). Amazon don't need to make profit on ereaders either, though probably careful to make some.

People even assume ebook = kindle and ereader = kindle, like they assume PC = Windows (which it isn't, as PCs existed four or five years before IBM PC, with CP/M and a Mac is also a PC = Personal Computer. I've used about 9 OSes on PCs, not counting variations of Linux, Pet, Amiga, Atari, Apple II or Mac OS 9).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote