Thread: Seriousness Light a Virtual Candle
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 03:20 PM   #2156
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My honorary Aunt Liz has died this afternoon

She was a friend of my parents from their university days, and was a frequent visitor at my parents home, and later when I married and had children, at my home.

Before Covid we saw her at least once a year, usually more, but she was showing some signs of mental decline before lockdown. However, she managed to stay in her own home until a fall earlier this year lead to a lengthy hospital stay, and then admission to a nursing home for dementia patients, as she was no longer able to care for herself, even with daily visitors.

We visited her twice at the nursing home, but I'm not sure she really knew me. She had regular visits from her friends who lived nearer.

I shall miss her.

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-13-2023 at 04:39 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote