Thread: New Fire Max 11
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2023, 11:22 AM   #43
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Much like the Kindle itself, the Alexa settings are all over the place. In the app, I click on Devices on the bottom of the screen, then Echo & Alexa on the top, then my Echo Dot. On the top right is a gear icon, and one of the options on that list is "Alexa's Voice". It is there for my Old 2nd Gen dot as well as my newer ones. I'm surprised that it isn't even there for the Fire TV.

The setting for the Alexa Assistive Reader is under More (bottom menu) / Settings/ Accessability / Kindle Assistive Reader. But you can only turn it on and off.

(You probably already knew all of that.)

P.S. I see you have Apple devices as well. Do you ever use Spoken Content in the Kindle app on those? If you do, how is it? I've heard that the most recent Siri voices are pretty good.

Last edited by Desertway; 08-27-2023 at 11:42 AM.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote