View Single Post
Old 08-10-2023, 03:18 PM   #44
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
Does all this affect reading? I don't know, I turn on the e-reader, click on the reading application (AlReaderX or KOReader) and read the book. Or I click on my library organiser (which I can use as my home screen if I want) and read the book. I find it all very simple. As simple as clicking on a book on the home screen of a Kobo or Kindle.
No, nothing like as simple as Kobo when you want to read another ebook. Also a Kobo is ONLY for reading.

I agree, if you have a decent app like Lithium or Pocketbook all setup, or even KOReader, it makes little difference on a book you are on the middle of reading, if you only hit sleep button.

Android value is in doing many things.

I've had Android back to V3. I have an eink Android.

I've had Kindles (PW1, DXG, K3, Basic, PW3, Oasis 2) and Kobos (Touch, H2O original, Libra, Libra2, Elipsa, Sage).

Symbian phones, inc the better than later Communicator N9210i

Palm OS.

CP/M, DOS, Gem, Amiga, Atari, PCW8512, UNIX, Minix, Cromix, Windows 2.0 to Win98, OS/2, OS/2 Warp, NT 3.5 to Windows 10, Linux. Mac OS/9, iPhone.

R&D on two handheld products.

Reading ebooks since 2002.

For purely consuming real ebooks, Android is rubbish (even on eink) compared to a Kobo with native reader.

[Unless you have a mouse, you are tapping]

Last edited by Quoth; 08-10-2023 at 03:22 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote