View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 11:12 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
I disagree. For somebody who reads multiple books at once, in several languages, on several devices anything but Android seems crippling.

I have set it up to automatically sync my library, notes and reading position across all my devices, including my computer. So it's enough to add a book to my computer's library folder and have it sync everything seamlessly to the other devices.

I can use several different reader apps each set up for a specific kind of book. Maybe I want to use a different font, dictionary, UI, etc when reading non-fiction in English compared to fiction in Russian - well, no problem, that's easily doable using several different reading apps.

That said, Kobo is great for simple reading. I use my Libra 2 when reading outside my normal reading schedule. But since its dictionary support is really poor for many languages and it lacks reading position sync, I can't use it as my main reader. (The last issue could be solved using Koreader and having Wifi on, but then the battery life would plummet.)
Where did you buy your rose colored glasses?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote