View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 02:42 AM   #32
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Exactly.
Even an aged Sony (PRS-350 or PRS-T2) is better than current Kindle and Nook.
The Kobo is simply the best for managing metadata. No problem having 5,000 ebooks and quickly finding anything, PD or bought.

The Kindle Series data off Amazon is often wrong and can't be edited. You need to jail break to manage Collections, the Website management is useless.

I couldn't be paid to go back to Amazon Kindle or B&N Nook, though I have still 3 Amazon Kindle models to test our own formatting.

The Android eink, even with KOReader, is the worst to use.
I disagree. For somebody who reads multiple books at once, in several languages, on several devices anything but Android seems crippling.

I have set it up to automatically sync my library, notes and reading position across all my devices, including my computer. So it's enough to add a book to my computer's library folder and have it sync everything seamlessly to the other devices.

I can use several different reader apps each set up for a specific kind of book. Maybe I want to use a different font, dictionary, UI, etc when reading non-fiction in English compared to fiction in Russian - well, no problem, that's easily doable using several different reading apps.

That said, Kobo is great for simple reading. I use my Libra 2 when reading outside my normal reading schedule. But since its dictionary support is really poor for many languages and it lacks reading position sync, I can't use it as my main reader. (The last issue could be solved using Koreader and having Wifi on, but then the battery life would plummet.)
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote