View Single Post
Old 08-07-2023, 05:09 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgirlfall View Post
KATE? i don't think i'm familiar... i know LO Writer, though. :-)
KATE is a native Linux equivalent to Windows Notepad++, there are others.
Both, as well as text edit, do tabs per document, names sessions that load a set of files, selectable programming syntax if needed and powerful regex based search&replace. You can group text documents per project and have an interface like a tabbed browser.
Notepad++ can work on WINE on Linux, but since Notepad++ is based on a Linux program there are plenty of native Linux ones.
KATE may stand for KDE Advanced Text Editor, though it doesn't need KDE.

Notepad++ has no connection to Windows Notepad (of which there are different kinds) other than being for Windows.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote