View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 08:28 PM   #36
modified
Connoisseur
modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Hi!

I love this plugin, but I always get Kindle Books, is there anyway of maybe pointing it to an empty book or something. The Overdrive App has it's own "id's" for synced books. I know you aren't really familiar with it, but maybe a title/author match? I don't know but being able to match a Calibre book with a book in the plugin so I am able to keep track of them via the plugin? It would be so nice to be able to do that. I don't use any other format than Kindle. At Least being able to create a long and being able to update the checkout/hold status of books? I feel like Kindle readers are being left out of this plugin.
@Rellwood

Part of why this plugin exists is because I own an eInk Kindle and since my library is not a US library, I can't send loans directly to the Kindle. Hopefully that explains why the plugin works the way it is currently.

I'm still not quite sure what you want specifically. But here's what the plugin does/doesn't do for Kindle books at the moment:

(Just to be clear, I'm using "Kindle book loan(s)" below to refer to the ones that you've *sent* to the Kindle.)

1. Kindle book loans cannot be downloaded. This is a restriction by OverDrive/Libby. Once you've sent the loan to a Kindle, you can't download it afaik. Internally, Libby considers these loans as "format-locked" to the Kindle and will not allow acsm/epub downloads.
2. Kindle book loans are not listed in the Loans tab. This is because the plugin can't download a Kindle book loan. The plugin does know details about these loans.
3. In the Holds tab, only eBook holds with downloadable formats are listed. Holds are not format-locked until you actually borrow and do a download/read in Libby/send to Kindle. So if a title has both EPUB and Kindle formats, they will be shown in Holds. Only titles that are Kindle or Libby exclusives will not be listed.
4. Kindle/Libby-exclusive titles and audiobooks are not returned in search.

So which parts of the above do you hope to have changed? And in what way?

Last edited by modified; 08-11-2023 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Fix clarification
modified is offline   Reply With Quote