View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 03:46 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
The Kaleido 3 film causes less light to fall on the Carta 1200 screen, making it appear darker. If you increase the lighting, it becomes brighter and the usual "screen" becomes visible.
The same occurs if you look at EInk at dusk and then turn on the light
The contrast remains nearly the same, only the brightness changes.
Each of the existing gray levels becomes darker or lighter to the same extent - only the foil surfaces scatter the light minimally, which reduces the sharpness somewhat.

Well I have no problem watching Youtube videos.
Sadly, the reflectance does not change. And my experience does not agree with yours. Under normal lighting levels, the white on a Kaleido 3 screen is not as reflective as the white on a Carta 1200 or Gallery 3 screen. If I sit my Sage side by side with the Tab Ultra C, the Sage had a whiter white with the same lighting. Something on which a Macbeth reflection densitometer agreed with me when I did a B&W checkboard. Of course, if you are trying to read by a single candle, almost anything would seem brighter.

As for watching Youtube videos at 6FPS in limited colours? Some people are less fussy about quality. Comparing the Tab Ultra C to my iPad Pro, well, there was no comparison. The iPad Pro had decent frame rates, much better colour, etc.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote