View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 02:24 PM   #17
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The Kaleido 3 film causes less light to fall on the Carta 1200 screen, making it appear darker. If you increase the lighting, it becomes brighter and the usual "screen" becomes visible.
The same occurs if you look at EInk at dusk and then turn on the light
The contrast remains nearly the same, only the brightness changes.
Each of the existing gray levels becomes darker or lighter to the same extent - only the foil surfaces scatter the light minimally, which reduces the sharpness somewhat.
Quote:
I sadly was unimpressed by a Onyx Boox Tab Ultra C attempting to display an animation. As near as I could tell, it was using an old mode reverting to black or white for each pixel in comparison to the 16 shades of grey normally used. This results in a massive 8 colours at ~6FPS.
Well I have no problem watching Youtube videos.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 07-31-2023 at 03:26 PM.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote