View Single Post
Old 07-30-2023, 04:50 AM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDave View Post
That was an interesting suggestion. I installed Firefox and made it my default browser. The kindle app automatically opened Firefox when I highlight text and select Search|Web. It didn't ask whether I wanted to use Silk, Firefox, or Chrome.

So I uninstalled Firefox and made Chrome my default browser again. The app went back to opening Silk.

Then I uninstalled Chrome, reinstalled it, made it the default browser, and...
The app still opens Silk! No choice is offered.

One related thing that has worked correctly since I bought this device: When I highlight text and from the Wikipedia box select "Go to Wikipedia" it initially gave me a choice of using Chrome or the Wikipedia app. Since I chose Always Chrome, it does always open Wikipedia in Chrome from there.
May be a permissions issue. Long press Chrome icon, choose App info and enable some Permissions, e.g. Contacts seems to be one it has requested in the past.

Last edited by tomsem; 07-30-2023 at 04:55 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote