View Single Post
Old 07-17-2023, 12:24 PM   #40
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Well, many of us here never sync and so we have nothing to report. I'm guessing there are more Kobo users who sideload everything than there are sideloading Kindle users, for example.
For the bug to appear there has to be a combination of this three types of users:
- Has more than 100 books
- Combines sideloaded and store bought books
- Has synching on

Just the first type is not that frequent, so I suppose there aren't much bug reports, and since restoring account+signing off then on restores the functionality temporarily, it's difficult to get the chat support to file a report since their checklist solution "works".

For my part, I tried to file a report years ago, I suspect the chat support just close my ticket with a solved despite my efforts to try to get them to acknowledge my problem, and I have been trying to live with the resetting of my account every few months until a couple of months ago.

I don't need synching so much, so I just created a new account without books, registered the Kobo to that account, and transferred the statistics of the old stored bought books to the new sideloaded books. If I ever have the urgent need of reading a recently bought book before I have time to process it in Calibre, I'll just use the web reader on my phone.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote