View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 03:37 AM   #43
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Intensive use is > 60 hours/week and simultaneous use of several books - this is how literary scientists act, for example
Literary scientists are not the majority of people who are buying and using eReaders.

It would be like saying everyone needs a tank not a car. Why? Because tanks can break through brick walls and a car is incapable of doing that without falling apart.

It's true, but not relevant to the usage of almost all vehicle buyers.

I don't want a faded color screen. I don't want a screen larger than six inches. I don't want an e-Ink Android tablet. And plastic cases are fine for me, as my Kobo readers never creak (probably because I don't "put pressure on them" – and why I would want to, I have no idea). And I don't want to buy an eReader that costs $450. So your Boox choice would not be "superior" to me because it's not what I want.

What's "superior" to you is not superior to me. To me the best built eReaders I own are my Kindle Voyage and Nook Glowlight 3 (because both have very good screens) and solid cases. But I mostly use my PocketBook HD 3 because I like its versatility, features and the way it renders ePubs best. The screen is good, but it's build quality is not as solid as the Kindle or Nook. I take care of that by putting it in a solid case.

What eReaders that are "superior" to any particular person depends on their tastes and priorities.

(Sorry for rambling.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote