Thread: New Fire Max 11
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 02:25 PM   #13
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I am not saying that I want Edge myself, I'm just saying there should be alternate browsers available though Amazon's Appstore, if only so you can more easily share bookmarks etc. across platforms.

How have they avoided anti-trust issues like Microsoft had with Windows years ago? I guess because FireOS has only a fraction of the users of other platforms.

Amazon does not provide a search engine for Silk, and Bing is default. Microsoft is making money on this, and no doubt paying Amazon to be the default.

I thought I have made it clear that I do not need Fire to be 'productive' and have no interest in making it so by installing Google Play. I'm just calling out Amazon for making false claims, and laziness in terms of getting productivity apps in their Appstore.
What false claims? You don't need tab sync to be productive and Amazon make an extension to sync Chrome (the most popular browser) and Silk bookmarks if you want that and it even works on Edge. What productivity apps are missing?

You can also easily wander outside the Amazon app store and get a myriad of alternate browsers like actual Firefox.

On iOS you can literally only install Apple approved Safari clones with a different skin and it has considerably more market share. Google also pays for search there.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote