Thread: Loaning E-Books
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 05:53 PM   #45
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I think it gets very iffy sharing with friends or non-household family, because they can be so easily tempted to share with their friends, and so on, so forth.
That's presuming those friends of my friends
  1. read books at all
  2. read the genres I read
  3. read ebooks

It's pretty rare here for all three to be true. They're not actually true for anyone I know besides myself, so I have shared my ebooks with exactly zero people so far.

Even if a close friend or a family member who happens to read books and likes the same genres I do (only two such persons actually exist) felt a desire to try ebooks one day, it's highly unlikely they'd find anyone else interested in my ebooks. Even if they ignored my request not to share the files further, which is also not likely.

Most people don't read books, and ebooks aren't popular among those who do, at least here. I guess it's different in the US.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote