Thread: Loaning E-Books
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 05:14 AM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Of course it's copyright violation. No one has said it isn't.

I would share my ebooks with my closest family members/friends if they read ebooks (which they don't). I would not expect them to delete their copies afterwards. Is it legally wrong? Of course. Is it morally wrong? Probably. But I'd still do it.
Morally wrong, I say no. I know the copies I give out will be deleted and not given out to anyone else.

I would say it's morally wrong if there's a chance copies will be made and given out to others that you didn't give them too or the person you gave a copy to keeps the eBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote