Thread: Loaning E-Books
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 04:18 AM   #37
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Of course it's copyright violation. No one has said it isn't.

I would share my ebooks with my closest family members/friends if they read ebooks (which they don't). I would not expect them to delete their copies afterwards. Is it legally wrong? Of course. Is it morally wrong? Probably. But I'd still do it.
You're not waffling. Many people do. It's the attempt to justify because "we could do it with pbooks" that I object to. Owning it--as you just did--is fine. Leave pbooks out of your (rhetorical) reasoning for doing it. They're not relevant.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote