View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 09:13 PM   #15
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Here is another kink in the story. I tried uploading a pdf with send to kindle web (from Windows and from Android phone) and through the share option on Android through the Kindle app. All three showed up as PDFs on my Scribe. No more conversion to print replica?

ETA1: Thanks Amazon, ya fixed print replica just so we have to buy them from the store?

ETA2: Evem weirder: I removed the download for a previously sent PRPD (from a PDF upload). Redownloaded it. Now it shows up with the PDF icon, but it opens with the print replica renderer complete with ability to write on it.
It's working okay for me.

Note that if you sent it in prior to November of last year, it'll download PDF. I have a few dozen to re-send.

It's really confusing that they have the PDF icon for both. And misleading. There should be some other logo for PR.

They want to get rid of wireless delivery of PDF. It is absolutely useless in the Kindle apps, which have had Print Replica support for some years now.

Even for the newer 6-7" Kindles. They have some level of Print Replica support already, and the feature set in terms of functionality is pretty much the same now as the legacy PDF. And now will sync annotations and reading position, which PDF never did.

I would guess PDF support will disappear entirely in 12th generation Kindles.

Last edited by tomsem; 05-25-2023 at 09:32 PM.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote