View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 12:55 AM   #5
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I started out with a Kindle 2. I loved it - it was white, had a physical keyboard and nice page turn buttons. The reason I later switched to a PW3 was because I wanted a touch screen to be able to quicker look up words and because my K2 didn't support other non-latin scripts.

I would probably have stayed on the PW3 had I not found the dictionaries lacking for certain languages. And after hearing about Android powered readers I ordered one and was delighted to find out that I could basically find dictionaries for any language I wanted using 3rd party apps.

Then I heard that Hisense had e-ink phones. I had always dreamed about having an e-ink phone, so I bought one - the A5 Pro. I used it as my main phone until the A9 came out; I bought it and switched to using that as my main phone. Portable reading, music and podcasts with me everywhere! And phone functionality should I need it.

I also bought a Libra 2 and a Kindle Voyage since one of the problems with modern e-ink devices is screen clarity and contrast. And lack of page turn buttons. I heard many good things about those two and I wanted to try them out. Great devices - I just wish they would have equally good Android alternatives. Well, the Leaf 2 came out and I bought that as an improved Libra 2 - but the screen turned out to be defective. Waiting for it to be repaired.

I will buy more readers: I want a 10" now that they have 300 PPI. Sometime in the future I'd also love a 13" reader with 300 PPI and possibly colour to read comics on. And please, page turn buttons!
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote