View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 11:00 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
As for me, pure gadget lust. I have had multiple ereaders for many years, just because I've liked them. First I had Kindles, then Kobos (I like the Kobo software better, so now I have only Kobos) and even a Nook once. The Nook software I liked the least (too few options), so it's not likely I'll buy another Nook in the near future. I might buy another Kindle, but it's by no means sure. Only if they release some wonderful hardware.

I've alway bought my books from several different vendors (Amazon, Kobo, Google Play being the main ones) and read them on every one of my devices, thanks to Calibre and the noDRM plugin. It's not hard to convert books to suitable formats.

There are no particular benefits in multiple readers vs single. If you feel satisfied with only a single device, good for you.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote