View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 10:22 PM   #47
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I've bought quite a few digital copies to replace much loved paper books, because I truly have no interest in reading paper books anymore. I also, in the days when I did read paper, bought copies of books that I already owned to replace ones that either fell apart because of multiple re-reads (because I always preferred the cheap, portable paperbacks over bulkier, more durable hardcovers) or were destroyed or lost for whatever reason.

I have also on occasion bought omnibus editions that contained copies of books I already owned because, as others have mentioned, it's usually cheaper to get the rest of the books that way than to buy them one by one.

On a couple of occasions I have accidentally purchased a duplicate unknowingly, usually because I shop at multiple stores and don't always check Calibre before buying.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote