View Single Post
Old 04-29-2023, 12:33 AM   #6
nzpei
nzpei could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.nzpei could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.nzpei could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.nzpei could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.nzpei could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.nzpei could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.nzpei could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.nzpei could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.nzpei could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.nzpei could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.nzpei could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: KT3
After a lot of digging thorough code (and a ton of failures trying to jailbreak my KT3 with 5.15.1.1 firmware), I've found a very simple way to disable the mimic ~ds behavior - including on an unrooted/unjailbroken stock device.

Steps:
1) Connect to your Kindle via USB
2) Create a file in the root directory called "TESTD_PREVENT_SCREENSAVER" - can be an empty file, but must be named exactly. (It'll ultimately sit in /mnt/us/ )
3) Reboot the device

Note I am not entirely sure what other consequences this may have, so use at your own risk - from what I can tell, this should be relatively safe.
nzpei is offline   Reply With Quote