View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 06:09 PM   #43
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I always have about 2,000-3,000 books on my ereaders, and I've found the Kobo UI to be perfectly adequate for my needs (tags, collections and metadata is taken automatically from Calibre when I connect my reader). My whole library is about 30,000, but I don't want to keep all of it on my ereaders. 3,000 at a time is enough.

Like you, I don't particularly like Android apps or Android in general. That's why I prefer dedicated ereaders, especially Kobo, to Android tablets. For my computing needs, Windows is fine and does everything I want.
I give people a hard time about Windows, but my whole family (with the exception of my dad) use Windows. My kids play games on their computers and my wife uses Power Point, with a specific set of commercial templates that I could never quite get to work right in LibreOffice. (Doubtful that she would have gone to Linux anyhow.)

I don't know what it is about Android, but it just doesn't seem to "fit" into the way I use a computer. (That and I don't like Google.) I have a smartphone (on a $7 a month plan), but I mainly I use my flip phone when I'm out. I don't do any social or any of the things on smartphones that most seem to use them for. I text and call (and occasionally play pinochle) on it.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote