View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 02:11 AM   #37
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I don't care if there's, say, 40 or 60 hours of page flip uptimeEInk
I've charged my PocketBook HD 3 less than ten times in over two years (January 20th, 2021). That's what I like in an eReader.

Quote:
Android devices and dedicated readers use the same modules - there is no difference.
The difference is an eReader doesn't have a lot of crap I don't want. And I don't like the Android reading apps, I like what's built-in to a dedicated eReader. And I don't like Google. I played around with some Chromebooks and found the only thing I used on them was Linux (Crostini) and Linux applications. The main reason I tried Chromebooks was for the battery life — and found that, with a newer laptop running Linux, I could come close to Chromebook battery life.

Quote:
If I want to see something in color, I use a $50 China tablet.
I already have a cheap "China tablet." I don't use it. I don't need color for eBooks. (I understand that others do need color).

Quote:
I don't like devices where the keyboard is connected to the screen (laptop, notepad) - that's why I use Bt keyboard and Bt mouse to my Boox Tab Ultra (the screen is fast enough for mouse trail display). And with that, computer work and internet access is almost unlimited - only the color information is missing.
I understand that a lot people like tablets. I'm not one of them. To me a laptop (when I'm away from home) is the better solution. I like carrying one device for computing and one for reading.

Quote:
And with that, computer work and internet access is almost unlimited - only the color information is missing.
I would rather have the eReader for reading and the laptop for mobile computing. I like Linux (instead of Android) and most of the applications I use are not available on a tablet.

Choice is good.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote