View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 09:12 AM   #10
direhooks
direhooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.direhooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.direhooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.direhooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.direhooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.direhooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.direhooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.direhooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.direhooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.direhooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.direhooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I only use flush screen devices.
- there is no accumulation of dust because there is no recess,
- the top layer reduces the sharpness and contrast somewhat (you can only see that when devices with the same screen technology are placed next to each other) - but compensates for unevenness in the lighting (you can always see that).
- the top (additional) layer provides better protection for the screen module.
Thanks for the breakdown of your reasoning!

That makes a lot of sense to me. In the months I've had the Kindle Basic, my dog's fur has already gotten caught a few times, and it's a bit annoying to get out, so not having to deal with that does seem compelling to me. From the reviews I've heard, the Clara 2E's lighting seems to be very even, aside from some defective units that place the frontlight too high in the bottom, so I'm not sure how much that plays in here, but it's good to keep in mind.
direhooks is offline   Reply With Quote