Thread: Brand New KK
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 07:12 PM   #34
Hardboiled
Enthusiast
Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, K3GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
And then we have the folks who don't like CSS and every flipping style is done using inline ( style= ) just to bloat the size and make it hard to make changes. calibre converts those to CSS much like using Sigil's Remove Inline Styles plugin.
That's what I mentioned earlier - you see it particularly with a lot of public domain early books, such as those badly OCRed and converted on Internet Archive and such forth, if it's still being done now for other eBooks - very bad. Even harder for something like Calibre to deal with, I dare say, to be fair. And adding earlier to what I said for clarification, Calibre certainly does duplicate styles because you will see Calibre_3, Calibre_4, Calibre_5 spanning paragraphs in the same identical body text even when the source originally had the one body CSS style, after conversion.
Hardboiled is offline   Reply With Quote