Thread: Brand New KK
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 11:25 AM   #29
Hardboiled
Enthusiast
Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hardboiled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, K3GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It's perfectly true. Those styles where SOMEWHERE in the the original.

I was doing CSS & HTML before epub existed and HTML before CSS was a thing.

If there are a lot of pointless similar styles with conversion from Mobi the original is poor. The epub can be cleaned.

Also many big publisher azw3 / epub have massive templates. Use the Remove Unused and Merge identical CSS in the Editor.

Calibre doesn't add new styles.
Well as I say, it may be true for you, but not for me, I can see that from the original to the conversion often. And I didn't actually say it adds new styles. I said it adds many styles, often they are the same styles with the same section. I understand and agree that the original can be very poor but I have seen this with those that aren't, such my own too. Which makes it more difficult to edit, if you use a Calibre conversion, at times, even if it doesn't change the original style, for the reader. I agree that many publishers can may use huge templates but I never did. There is the 1st paragraph, the body and some titles/sub-titles and headlines etc.. There shouldn't be ever a need for much more in a normal fiction paperback style. Complex technical and reference works can be much more complicated granted though.
Hardboiled is offline   Reply With Quote