View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 03:13 PM   #37
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
For contrast and comparison, meet the Brandon Sanderson profile in Esquire:
Welcome to Brandon Sanderson's Fantasy Empire
Thanks for that. It was an interesting article. Sanderson seems like he's trying his best to do right by as many people as he can.

Quote:
It is positive and yet manages to touch on some of the issues people have with Mormonism (including tithing(.
I'm not a Sanderson fan, just because I wasn't wild about his writing.

And as an LGBT person that lived in California at the time of Prop 8 I have issues with the Mormon Church.

But to say you shouldn't support an author you like because some of that money will go to the author's church seems ridiculous.

If you like an author's work, read it. If the author is still alive, support them. Try to avoid as much about their personal lives as you can.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote