View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 01:59 PM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Good storytelling is what I want from the books I read; I don't care about their literary worth or any clever wordplay.
I get that and don't disagree. Believe you me, I read plenty of schlock that was put out as quickly as possible.

But with Sanderson's writing, there was something else amiss. Maybe it was actively bad writing? I don't know for sure. The book I'm currently reading (The Green Man's Heir by Juliet E. McKenna) suffers the same problem (though the characterization isn't as good as what Sanderson did). Good story and an interesting world. But it is taking me much longer to read than it should. There is... some indefinable something missing.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote